Ambulance helicopters are an efficient and comfortable transfer option for short distances and time-critical hospital-to-hospital journeys. From ambulance flights with a medical escort to transfers of patients requiring intensive care, specially equipped helicopters cover a wide range of services. It does not matter whether the patient can be seated or needs to lie down during transfer as the interior of the ambulance helicopter is adapted to each patient’s individual needs in advance.
Since most hospitals have their own helipad, we can often land directly on them or use suitable landing sites in the immediate vicinity of the clinics. Ground transportation in an ambulance is therefore not necessary. This reduces the transfer time and thus the strain on the patient. Of course, we coordinate the landing of the ambulance helicopter at the facilities concerned for you and relieve you of the burden.
The equipment on board an ambulance helicopter
Among the standard equipment of on board an ambulance helicopter is the following medical equipment:
- Scoop stretcher with vacuum mattress and patient warming system
- Emergency backpack with special equipment for child and infant care
- Portable intensive care ventilator
- Oxygen, anti-infection kits
- Resuscitation bags with demand valve and suction pumps
- Multifunctional monitoring for ECG monitoring, blood pressure measurement, pulse oximetry, capnography, and temperature measurement
- Biphasic defibrillator as well as external pacemakers, syringe pumps, and pressure infusion bags
When preparing a patient transfer in an ambulance helicopter, we take the patient’s medical condition into account and add to the standard equipment as necessary.
Our experts are at your disposal 24/7 to answer any questions concerning your medically required transfer in the ambulance helicopter. You can reach us at any time by phone, by e-mail, or via our contact form.